Monday, December 19, 2022

On Pencil Sharpeners

I am a great fan of pencils. I love to use them for marking but also to write and take note. The only thing that always annoyed me is pencil sharpeners.

I always found very hard to get a good sharpener that can last more than few months without becoming dull and more crushing the pencil than really sharpening it.

The following are some examples of sharpeners I used.

Some sharpeners.

All of these had common issue, they are ok when brand new, but the blade becomes quickly dull, and sharpening it is cumbersome and does not last long.

But today, I got my dream sharpener, one I saw long time ago when I was a kid at school.

My dream sharpener.

It cost me about 20$ but this one is incredibly good. It sharpened pencil very quickly and accurately, and is easy to use. It has a transparent shavings tray that can collect a lot of shavings so no need to empty it often.

Shavings tray.

It has a point selector to choose from very fine to rounder point. Personally I only use the finest setting.

Sharpening selector
The front has a slider to push the pencil toward the sharpening blades and to stop sharpening when limit is reached. The lever is used to open the pencil holder.

The two levers are used to open pencil holder.

Pencil holder in extended position.

I spend few time to play with it and I really enjoy it, from now on this will be my sharpener of choice.

Sharpened pencils







2 comments:

  1. Cool, never saw that one, looks like winner
    What is brand and model?
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bob, nice to hear from you! Brand of this is CARL and model is CC-2000. Here is th elink where I got it on Amazon (no affiliation in any way): https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B018ORILB0?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

      After about a month of usage I am very happy with it.

      Delete