Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Vintage tools: Record 311

Today I received a new tool that I got at auction on EBay, a Record 311 plane. The plane is in its original box and is in pristine condition.

The Record 311 in its original box.

I have no hands on experience with this one but I liked the concept of 3 planes in one, a shoulder plane, a bull nose plane and a chisel plane.

The Record 311 in shoulder plane configuration.

At first sight my feeling was mixed, usually tools trying to be good at multiple usage mean being good nowhere but after reading some comments online I decided to give it a try, especially that the one I found was in very good condition and missing no part.

The Record 311 in bullnose plane configuration.
...and in chisel plane configuration.

I cannot wait to play with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment